• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 idtwinsmom

idtwinsmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 05:46 PM

Am I correct that all videos we upload can be viewed by anyone? I'd like to recommend there be an option for private viewing for those times when we want to upload an audition for casting eyes only. That way, we can tell casting to go to our page and enter a password for that particular video.

• Guests

Posted 15 February 2008 - 09:52 PM

Am I correct that all videos we upload can be viewed by anyone? I'd like to recommend there be an option for private viewing for those times when we want to upload an audition for casting eyes only. That way, we can tell casting to go to our page and enter a password for that particular video.

I can definately see the logic in this! People Audition in their own particular ways and style, so often this is something they may wish only a Casting Director to see!
I assume we are talking on-page video up-loads? Gallery is another area where Members can up-load their videos.

I am not certain of the complexities involved in a password set up on SSC, but I for one will pass on and chat of the possibilities of some form of control, my particular reasoning would be Gallery and the fact that videos of a more ‘Adult Nature’ may be up-loaded in view of ‘Minors’ now that the FREE adding of media is possible there!

Thank you for the Great Suggestion.

MIKE
'Forum Moderator'

#3 idtwinsmom

idtwinsmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 01:04 AM

I can definately see the logic in this! People Audition in their own particular ways and style, so often this is something they may wish only a Casting Director to see!
I assume we are talking on-page video up-loads? Gallery is another area where Members can up-load their videos.

I am not certain of the complexities involved in a password set up on SSC, but I for one will pass on and chat of the possibilities of some form of control, my particular reasoning would be Gallery and the fact that videos of a more ‘Adult Nature’ may be up-loaded in view of ‘Minors’ now that the FREE adding of media is possible there!

Thank you for the Great Suggestion.

MIKE
'Forum Moderator'

Thanks for the quick reply Mike. Many of us live in smaller markets and are put on tape for auditions for feature films and other big projects from the big markets. Since casting usually wants things yesterday, it would be faster to upload an audition on to a site (makes sense to do it here) so that they can check it out quicker than if it has to be overnighted. For example, casting for a feature film in LA has asked for my girls to audition for the film on tape. It would be great to be able to upload it here so they can check it out quicker, but we don't necessarily want the entire world watching their audtion tape or to have it crop up on The Tonight Show in 12 years! They will be taping the audition on Monday and fortunately this time, our deadline is Wednesday so we will have time!
Thanks, Carolyn

• Guests

Posted 16 February 2008 - 02:27 AM

Thanks for the quick reply Mike. Many of us live in smaller markets and are put on tape for auditions for feature films and other big projects from the big markets. Since casting usually wants things yesterday, it would be faster to upload an audition on to a site (makes sense to do it here) so that they can check it out quicker than if it has to be overnighted. For example, casting for a feature film in LA has asked for my girls to audition for the film on tape. It would be great to be able to upload it here so they can check it out quicker, but we don't necessarily want the entire world watching their audtion tape or to have it crop up on The Tonight Show in 12 years! They will be taping the audition on Monday and fortunately this time, our deadline is Wednesday so we will have time!
Thanks, Carolyn

Wow Deadlines Carolyn! Sounds like things are happenning and going well though, which is cool! I have spoken of this subject tonight and talked all kinds of variables, it seems that in the past the password idea created alot of havoc and site problems through it. This and the fact that some Casting Directors just wouldn't go out of their way to use a password over and above an easy click link, unfortunately that can be reality as we know!

As a quick fix now, the only way would be to start another profile, then add a video at gallery from your existing profile and mark it private friends only and select the new profile as friend for viewing of gallery, the problem with that is the new profile is then wide open to possible abuse and the password would need to be changed each time used!
It is not something I would recomend.

The possibility of some sollution is left open for thought on this subject you brought up though!

With regards to Gallery media and adult content, this is somethig that will be altered and is on the list for the not too distant future, then hopefully anything deemed to be adult could be icolated from Minors view just like photos are at profiles, so that is a positive for the future. In the mean time until this can be done, I shall have to keep an eye on what is entered at gallery and where necessary mark the titles as 'for Adult Viewing Only' or similar!

Best wishes
MIKE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users