• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bunnygirl

bunnygirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 03:10 AM

I am an experienced independent film actress and model who was contacted and told I was picked out of over 500 final picked actors natonwide to do a film in Ohio and other surrounding areas because CA was to dificult to film in. The director, producer said he had several people working for him and they searched the states to have me cast in his film out of virtually thousands..
He made me send him a tape of me audtioning a science fiction scene then a sexy scene.
I actaully was dumb enough to go out to the midwest to meet this guy and he was nothing more then a guy looking for sex and had little more then a small video camera. He was very scarey and I left right away.It was a horrific experienceThe man on the phone came across very nice and legitment but all was fake.
I had talked to several of my other friends on here and they came across him too. The individual claims he has worked for huge studios and with big stars but when my new agent looked into him it was discovered to all be a lie. Don't get roped into this.
Big independent films use union people not no names. Smaller indpendent film makers use no names and many are very legit. They dont ask you to fly out somewhere unless you have done many films or have a super agent.
If some one tells you they have done films with big stars ask yourself why they are not in Holywood doing more. Its a scam for guys to prey on woman. Nobody makes huge budget films in the independent world.
Dont let them tell you I have a millon dollars or more to do this or that. Use your head.
If you want to get into film stay local and do some independent films where you can meet the person first and build trust.Hit the film fests and get scene so you can build a resume and consider joining the union.
If they say they worked for Universal or Paramont run... Why would they be asking you as a no name to be in their film then?
They would not be using you without experience. There are literally millions of people who belong to the union world wide. They get first dibs based on experience if a film has a big budget. Becareful its a strange world out there and many people can seem so nice on the phone and convincing but untill you see their studio setup meet them in person you are just a piece of meat to many of the con artisits practicing fraud..
Stay away from Mr. Ohio Regards, Debra Ann

#2 Jonathan Parker

Jonathan Parker

:)

• Administrators
  • 38934 posts
  • Locationhttp://Jonathan-Parker.EliteCastingNetwork.com

Posted 31 August 2005 - 09:53 AM

Thanks for sharing your story with everyone. I just wanted to know if this person in Ohio contacted you through Star Search Casting and if so can you give me any information that you have on him. This way I can block him from contacting anyone else.

#3 ddecoque

ddecoque

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 02:28 AM

Thanks for sharing your story with everyone. I just wanted to know if this person in Ohio contacted you through Star Search Casting and if so can you give me any information that you have on him. This way I can block him from contacting anyone else.

Jon,

This is a question for you. Is Model Search NY a legit talent scout that you know of?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users