• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mdmovieextra

mdmovieextra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 03:14 PM

I was just an extra in the new Diehard movie, they were filming in Baltimore across the street where I work and I basically walked over to a production asst and said hey can I be an extra? and she said go talk to the guy over there and ask him, I basically asked the same thing and he said sure but unless you were refered by the casting associate for extras for this film you wont get paid, I said I dont care, he said you see the crowd forming over there? I said yes he said go stand there and follow instructions. So I did and it was fun and easy. I met Bruce Willis and Justin Long it was a great experience.

I learned the following things, Sites like this really are in effective and cost you money for things you can do yourself for free. Mandy.com post free casting information in your area..free. The only jobs you will find on pay casting sites are no pay or little pay posted by film students and scammers. Casting directors for major productions contact directly established casting associates in the area there are filming for actors. So get online find your local casting agencys and submit your headshot and resume too them for free, and when a project comes up they will call you if you havent already read about it in the newspaper that a movie will be filming.

Indeed.com is a free job site that pulls job postings from every source..use it its free. and casting directors do post for extras and actors in local papers where they will be filming.

Online resumes like the one here are okay but in order to get your contact info the casting people have to sign up..so they wont its to time consuming..but who cares you already submitted the required materials to your local casting agencys for free right? But for self promotion get a free website and make one so your contact info will be visible.

Self promotion..you will never be found unless you put yourself out there. You are your agent, business manager. So be found! again submit to local casting agencys!!!! so important. get a free website and market that! scour the trades and just hunt online you will find work!

Your local film commission for your state or city will tell you about movies coming too town on there hotline use it! again free!

Student filmakers they pay nothing! but its great experience and they someday may be someone highly unlikely but you never know.

Good luck and post other useful free ideas!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users